Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
"Confirmation" button in marketplace doesn't work with mobile version of site.

I noticed that a new policy has been implemented where you have to agree to terms and conditions for the forum before posting anything new -- this is new since the re-organization I believe.

With the standard site, it shows the conditions and you have to click the checkbox, then click the "Proceed" button. But button originally shows 30 seconds and counts down to 0 before you can click it.

However, with the mobile version of the site the button never counts down to 0, so you can't click "Proceed". I've only tested this on a Blackberry Bold so far.

So is this an error, or do I have something not set properly on my BB? (I've enabled Java & JavaScript, and other functions seem to work properly on other sites).

Thanks,
-10d

12-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have JS enabled, the button should activate after 30 seconds. I will test this an get back to you.

Worst case, you'll have to agree to the terms when posting from a PC. It's very important that all Marketplace users see these terms prior to posting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've confirmed that the button script doesn't work with Blackberries. If I find an alternative to this method of forcing people to read the rules, I'll implement it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Worst case, you'll have to agree to the terms when posting from a PC. It's very important that all Marketplace users see these terms prior to posting.
Yup, which is what I did . I thought that accepting it once was enough for all 3 marketplace forums, but when I found the error I was trying to post a Wanted ad for the first time.

12-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The rules are different. You have to accept them once for for-sale threads/replies, once for posts in the wanted section, and once for general talk.

Adam