Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How about adding Focus Throw to lens details in the Lens database?

I was just playing with my SMC 50/2 and it dawned on me that the focus throw is HUGE, as in about 240° huge. Compared to the ~120° throw on the 77ltd and ~75° throw on the 43ltd. Just thought it might be a useful bit of detail when deciding on a lense, especially for MF lenses.

12-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you please forward this request via PM to Ole? Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
you bet...will do.
08-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just bumping this old thread instead of opening a new one, because I also think it's a useful addendum to the lens database which seems to not have been made yet (unless I oversaw it)

08-16-2020, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Just bumping this old thread instead of opening a new one, because I also think it's a useful addendum to the lens database which seems to not have been made yet (unless I oversaw it)
AFAIK we don't have this yet (though we added a ton more searchable data points).

I'll add this data point as something users can contribute together with the same system for third-party lenses. However, I have a feeling it would be tough to reliably gather the data for all lenses, as it would need to be done empirically. For modern lenses, we already cover the focus throw in the in-depth reviews (which definitely didn't exist back in 2009!).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: