Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exposure in header in PYP section not very adequate

Adam, sometimes the exposure settings etc. in the PYP section are quite annoying, for instance if you post more than 1 photo. Leaving the entries blank isn't possible (as far as I tried) and with different photos the settings are most likely not equal...

12-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The fields can be left blank in favor of typing everything underneath the photo manually, actually.

Perhaps in the future I can make this system smarter, but for now, try leaving the fields alone,

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The fields can be left blank in favor of typing everything underneath the photo manually, actually.

Perhaps in the future I can make this system smarter, but for now, try leaving the fields alone,
Leaving the fields blank isn't possible with the aperture and shutterspeed, is it? I tried, but there is no blank in the pop-up lists....

EDIT: I tried it again, and I find it impossible to set aperture and shutterspeed to blank. Probably it's easy to add this 'value' to the pu-lists? I would be happy to have it, and I see many (suspected) wrong indications in the PYP right now....

Last edited by Rense; 12-09-2009 at 03:15 AM.
12-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Leaving the fields blank isn't possible with the aperture and shutterspeed, is it? I tried, but there is no blank in the pop-up lists....

EDIT: I tried it again, and I find it impossible to set aperture and shutterspeed to blank. Probably it's easy to add this 'value' to the pu-lists? I would be happy to have it, and I see many (suspected) wrong indications in the PYP right now....
What about getting rid of the pull down lists and just leaving a blank, fill-in box? I've found that my EXIF data doesn't always line up the the pre-selected shutter speeds/aperture settings also. We already fill in focal length, camera, and other info.

12-09-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jheu02 Quote
What about getting rid of the pull down lists and just leaving a blank, fill-in box? I've found that my EXIF data doesn't always line up the the pre-selected shutter speeds/aperture settings also. We already fill in focal length, camera, and other info.
The same here....
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now added a blank option at the bottom of every dropdown.

I'm considering changing them to textboxes, except that would make the lazy people completely ignore them

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've now added a blank option at the bottom of every dropdown.

I'm considering changing them to textboxes, except that would make the lazy people completely ignore them

Thanks! I am completely satisfied now . I just choose what is the nearest given option!