Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
@Helen, did you get my email?
I can't see it; just checked my spam box, too - when did you send it?

12-24-2009, 12:36 AM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
I can't see it; just checked my spam box, too - when did you send it?
12/9 - I just resent it with an updaate.

Happy Holidays Helen
12-25-2009, 07:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Adam: This is a good move and recognizes that PentaxForums has achieved a critical mass of members, features, content and techincal stability. I'd bet your Google rating hasn't hurt either.

Whether many members know it or not, Helen Oster - Adorama Internet Customer Services Representative - deserves at least peripheral credit for this. Helen has of her own accord, stepped into "issue" threads and served as an Ambassador, Guide, solved members' problems and been generally an Adorama "fire-putter-outer" the entire time I have been a member. Helen began building Adorama's relationship with PentaxForums the first time she solved a member problem.

I am pleased to be a Site Supporter. I am pleased to choose to direct my business to Adorama. Their desire to associiate with Adam and PentaxForums says all I need to know about both.
Here, here! Well done Helen!

Because of this active interest by Helen on behalf of Adorama, I will certainly make Adorama my FIRST resource when it comes to my photography needs and will continue to refer other people without reservation.

Thank you Helen. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
01-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #19
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Helen, I'd like to put in a request for you to pass on to the sales mgmt. I went in Sunday I think to handle the K-x, to use with my memory card and lens. I was told the one out at the kiosk which isn't functioning as it doesn't have batteries, could not have batteries put in or removed from the kiosk so I could handle it. I'm not saying I was definitely going to buy one the day I was there, but I will say I have really really low impulse control, so who knows.... And even if I didn't succumb at the time, I imagine there's higher odds others will adding to sales if they can actually use it; meaning being able to shoot with it can only add to sales rather than detract.

Last edited by m8o; 01-01-2010 at 06:01 PM.
01-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Just placed an order, hopefully it showed up.....
01-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Helen, I'd like to put in a request for you to pass on to the sales mgmt. I went in Sunday I think to handle the K-x, to use with my memory card and lens. I was told the one out at the kiosk which isn't functioning as it doesn't have batteries, could not have batteries put in or removed from the kiosk so I could handle it. I'm not saying I was definitely going to buy one the day I was there, but I will say I have really really low impulse control, so who knows.... And even if I didn't succumb at the time, I imagine there's higher odds others will adding to sales if they can actually use it; meaning being able to shoot with it can only add to sales rather than detract.
Apologies for the delayt in coming back to you - post holiday madness seems to have died down a little...

I discussed your posting with our store manager, Martino, who totally agrees with you, and offered the following explanation:
all those cameras that are on display, are not battery powered, but by hard wire direct connect, which we get from the display manufacturer. Unfortunately, they are slow on producing some of them. If we put batteries in them, they will not last more than a few days, and we cannot just change the batteries since they are mounted by the battery compartment.
Please keep in mind, that our sales staff will bring a camera out of stock and power it on for anyone to see and feel - and if there seems to be any reluctance to do so, please do ask for Martino, the store manager, who will come and help you out.
01-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

question for Adam and/or Helen

I'm getting ready to place an order for a Pentax K-7 kit (and probably a DA 70/2.4 Limited, too) with Adorama, and I'd like to make sure my order is part of the affiliation deal.

I started my cart, I think, after clicking on one of the links in the above posts. But with all the price-checking and logging off and back on, I wonder if I haven't muddled everything.

How can I be sure that I've done everything right and that my sale will contribute to the forum? Is it something that can be discerned in the url?

Thanks for whatever light you can shed on this. . . .

Nath

01-27-2010, 05:15 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by grey goat Quote
I'm getting ready to place an order for a Pentax K-7 kit (and probably a DA 70/2.4 Limited, too) with Adorama, and I'd like to make sure my order is part of the affiliation deal.........How can I be sure that I've done everything right and that my sale will contribute to the forum? Is it something that can be discerned in the url?........Nath
Hi Nath

As you know this a relatively new relationship, so we are learning all the time!
The best thing is to place the order and then send me over the order number. We will then be able to check if PF is getting credit, and if not we can add the order to the account
01-27-2010, 07:19 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, Helen. I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering this morning, but whenever it is, I'll send the order number your way.

Thanks for looking out for the forum!
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
The best thing is to place the order and then send me over the order number. We will then be able to check if PF is getting credit, and if not we can add the order to the account
12-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #25

I have dealt, happily, with Adorama in the past. I just placed an order for a pentax af160 ring flash, and am pleased that it will help support the forum.
12-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Thanks for the support!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by berkshire bee Quote
I have dealt, happily, with Adorama in the past. I just placed an order for a pentax af160 ring flash, and am pleased that it will help support the forum.
Good to hear - and you know where I am if you ever need after-sales advice or support: Helen@adorama.com
09-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
PentaxForums.com Affiliates with Adorama

I've spoken with a few Adorama representatives today, and I'm happy to announce that PentaxForums.com is now affiliated with Adorama. This means that if you buy through Adorama after being referred from our site, a portion of the sale will be donated to us (so that we can bring many more exciting things to the site in the future!).

I've added a link to Adorama in my signature, which should count as a referral.

You may also click through this banner:

Shop at Adorama

Adorama carries pretty much all modern Pentax equipment, as well as a used inventory. Happy shopping!
Hello Adam,
I am a new member of this forum and have used the info I found on this site in my decision to purchase a new camera (Adorama purchase) unfortunately I just saw the link from your post that would have given you some credit for my purchase. Is there any way this can still be credited to the Pentaxforums site?

Last edited by SharkyCA; 09-28-2017 at 09:39 AM.
09-28-2017, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Hello Adam,
I am a new member of this forum and have used the info I found on this site in my decision to purchase a new camera (Adorama purchase) unfortunately I just saw the link from your post that would have given you some credit for my purchase. Is there any way this can still be credited to the Pentaxforums site?
Retroactive credit is not possible, unfortunately. Just keep us in mind for next time

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: