Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flash guns database

I have been member here for a while now, and always when I'm planning new purchase this is the first page I look at. Since I joined there has been Lens database (Pentax and 3rd party), later we were given Bodies database.
Wouldn't it be helpful if we could have Flashguns database? For both Pentax and 3rd party. There is many users looking into buying flashes and quite often I run into threads like "Metz vs Pentax"... etc.
I think it would be enormous help if there was flashguns database where users/viewers could find not just data sheets but reports/reviews from users.

just a suggestion...

BR
Peter

12-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This has already been suggested before, and will be added. However, due to lack of interest of helping from the community, it'll be here later rather than sooner. In addition, we may consider other accessories in the database.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-14-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
emr

Isn't mattdm's website (and his contributions here) a good start?

Pentax P-TTL Flash Comparison: The Definitive Guide
12-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Why are they referred to as 'flash guns' when they bear no resemblance to a gun?

12-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

But it "fires" something out doesn't it?
12-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I think we should call em 'flash bangs' or 'light grenades' or 'supernovas' 8)
12-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Why are they referred to as 'flash guns' when they bear no resemblance to a gun?
Years ago the flash was caused by igniting gunpowder in an open pan.

Mickey