Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Thread Tools Layout

New Thread Tools Menu

This change would only applies to the Modern Green/Red skins.

I have removed the thread tools menu and simply placed all the options at the top of each thread for easy access. See the attached screenshots for details; comments are welcome!

New:

Old:

New in Marketplace:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Similar screen space, more intuitive. Looks like a good idea to me Adam
12-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Implemented & thread moved to the news forum.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-24-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
In addition, thread 'ratings' are now only active in the Pentax Rumors forum, General Talk, and the photo-sharing forums (PYP, contests, mini-challenges).

Adam

12-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

More streamlined now - and just as effective.
Thanks Adam.
12-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
nice changes Adam...I like the look and feel of the new layout...now if the Modern Skins did not make my eyes bleed I could use them....hehehe...not to worry, I like simple color themes like the Simple skin or even better darker more earthy tones (less white or brighter colors) and also black heavy skins. Not a lot of folks like the skins I do so its just me after 30+ yrs of staring at all manner of computer screens all day long...

But I can tell ya the very first thing I did was switch out that green...the red is no better for me, but I do that pretty much everywhere.

I really do like the new icons over the dropdowns...nice job!
12-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The simple/classic skins will eventually be eliminated in favor of additional "modern" color schemes- such as gray or darker ones. Suggestions as far as that goes are welcome!

Adam

12-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam:
Good job again at making this forum very easy to navigate.

I just found this "missing" reply of mine earlier on! ... Sorry ... there it is in the next post.

JP
12-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The simple/classic skins will eventually be eliminated in favor of additional "modern" color schemes- such as gray or darker ones. Suggestions as far as that goes are welcome!
Good idea because this RED is causing me visual interferences!
I don't know what happened, but I just posted a quick reply right here a few minutes ago, and I can't retrieve it.

I suggest more "earthy" tones, "environmentally friendlier"

Cheers.

JP
12-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Any option to go back to green?
12-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yeah, just use the quick style chooser and then change the default in your usercp options.

Also please post these questions in separate threads in the site suggestions forum until an annoucement about the global style change is made.
12-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I for one like the classic, grey would be good. The green and red are too much for my eyes.
12-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, just use the quick style chooser and then change the default in your usercp options.

Also please post these questions in separate threads in the site suggestions forum until an annoucement about the global style change is made.
I will do that.
Thanks for the reply.
JP
12-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Sounds good.

I suppose I could make a modern gray skin, but that would bring with it removal of the classic skin.
12-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
Veteran Member

My only complaint is that the new format does not work properly on my netbook. Even on the main forum page, I have to scroll to the right to see the whole page.

My res is 1024 x 600.