Photos: Gallery
A different look?

My Pentax Forum looks different this morning.... it is all
RED! Cool!

12-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The modern skin has been redesigned, and the red version has been made default so that we match the Pentax colors. The green version is coming soon as well!
12-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I like this Adam.....reflects the change in the New Year....as I said on another thread this is one of the most WELL MAINTAINED forums I have ever been a part of and this is my "default" forum as well......
12-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The green skin is now also converted to the new format, and, in a few days, a nice surprise will be made available to all Site Supporters as well.

Do I get a cookie? I did the second conversion in a train, using my tethered blackberry internationally Can't leave the job half-done, after all!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow! Your computer skills are "off da chain" not only do you get cookies, but a gallon of milk as well!
12-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks!!

Unfortunately I accomplished all this on 28% battery, so my computer died before I was able to make the final change: the 'read' status icon needs to be faded because the little flash on the top doesn't make it easy to distinguish from the 'unread' icon.

But, even before that final change is made, please enjoy our beautiful new design!
12-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Also, let me add for the record that blackberries are amazing!

12-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Whoops, the 'photos' button is also supposed to have a dropdown which links to the gallery, albums, and PYP. I'll add that when possible.
12-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Keep on rockin' Adam! Ya doin great by me!
12-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Looks good mate. Although, some things seemed to have changed a little while back. I'm just wondering why...

- In posts, the number of photos in the users gallery is not stated, it just says 'gallery'
- In the control panel you used to be able to see the last 10 who have viewed your profile and how many have viewed it.
- I cannot seem to see my friends, just the group memberships
- The Original Posters first post in his/her thread does not state there post count or avatar. I always found this handy to immediately identify the person.

Obviously, i'm mentioning these because I prefered them on the site.. why were they abolished?
12-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Okay, here's a question. The format is wider when not logged in which requires me to scroll left/right and it fits perfectly when logged in. I assume the software is designed to fit various screen sizes/resolution?? Just wondering.

Larry
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

- In posts, the number of photos in the users gallery is not stated, it just says 'gallery'

Since the addition of albums, the gallery count has been removed from the postbit so that there's room for the album link. If the gallery link does show up, however, it means the users has at least one photo in the gallery- same for albums. Check their profile for details statistics on photo count.

- In the control panel you used to be able to see the last 10 who have viewed your profile and how many have viewed it.

That's been disabled- it was just a waste of page space and server resources.

The friends list is gone from the profile. Use the link under the 'forum' button dropdown instead. Why? Because friends were redundant with contacts, now we just have friends.

- The Original Posters first post in his/her thread does not state there post count or avatar. I always found this handy to immediately identify the person.

It should, just not as a guest.

---

None of the above changes are related to the new header changes in any way. They were made a good while ago.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
Inactive Account

I just loved this new menu design. Switching around among cameras, lens database, marketplace was a drag for me. Now it's on the top menu, I can move real fast now, everything looks better. I return the green colors though, red color was exceeding my eyes dynamic range.

Thanks to all contributors.
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I just logged on and now the nice red is all gone? What happened?
Regards!
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Since the addition of albums, the gallery count has been removed from the postbit so that there's room for the album link. If the gallery link does show up, however, it means the users has at least one photo in the gallery- same for albums. Check their profile for details statistics on photo count.

That's been disabled- it was just a waste of page space and server resources.

The friends list is gone from the profile. Use the link under the 'forum' button dropdown instead. Why? Because friends were redundant with contacts, now we just have friends.

It should, just not as a guest.

---

None of the above changes are related to the new header changes in any way. They were made a good while ago.
Too bad about the friends list in profile. Use to be able to tell which friends were on and which weren't.