Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
Forum Member

Too Wide Page Display!

Does the forum software have a means of controlling the screen width when someone post over-sized images. I find it very annoying to have to scroll the page width to read a post just because someone has posted over-sized images or images that appear side by side.

I would not be so bad if the the images were stacked vertically and limited to the normal page format width.

06-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is just my opinion, but if that was implemented you'd never have any panoramas posted, since you just don't get the full effect in a tiny picture

If the pic's too big just tell the poster, if there isn't a reason for it's size most people would gladly reduce it
06-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Images wider than 800 pixels are indeed annoying, but I've added a handy piece of BBCode that can automatically resize wide images. Read more about it here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/7581-embedding-large-im...ot-easier.html

I hope you put it to good use!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Code:
img {max-width: 800px;}
in the stylesheet would do the trick.

Last edited by pixelpruner; 06-18-2007 at 03:52 PM.
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Limiting images in general would cause technical problems all over the place, so we'll just stick with the [imgwide] tag for now- let's hope our members use it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I wasn't suggesting that you stick that anywhere in the stylesheet, but just for the div #post_message. Having said that it wouldn't create many issues unless vB coding is even messier than I thought :P