Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Forum Member

Do marketplace threads get deleted if unsold?

Where do Marketplace threads go if the items are not sold? In the marketplace, there are only 7 pages of threads. Also, if someone lists something in the marketplace and it is not sold, and can no longer be found in the marketplace, does the thread still show up on the users profile as a thread that they started?

The reason I ask is because I just purchased some equipment from a very old thread in the marketplace, but I have not received the goods yet (only been a couple days so no worries yet). I wanted to go back and look at the original thread but I cannot find it in the marketplace, in the marketplace archives, or listed under the the threads started by that user.

What's up?

01-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When you open that forum, the marketplace, at the top there are some drop down menu options. If you click on the one that says "From the" you can chose other options. Like last two days, last week, last month. That will give you more pages to search through.

Also did you try by searching member's name?
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick response and helpful tips. I tried both methods you described and still did not find anything.

Is it possible that thread could have been deleted by the OP and is gone without a trace?

This is making me feel a bit suspicious
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Marketplace threads aren't deleted, but they are archived after 90 days if unsold.

01-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Actually, I don't think a member has the option to delete a thread themselves!? Right Adam?

This problem is why I bookmark any threads I feel a need to find at a later point in time.

I would suggest you PM a moderator or administrator to help you further in this. This way you don't need to put the member's name out where anyone can see it.

Hope I'm not stepping on the admins toes here with the above suggestion.
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Will do.
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just run a quick search by username (using advanced search) and you should be able to dig up your thread. I won't be able to provide any assistance for the next several hours.
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help and advice, although I still cannot find the thread. If you could do a quick search when you get a chance, just to make sure I'm not crazy, that would be great. No rush.

01-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I wasn't able to find anything. Did you post in the thread at all?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
No I don't believe I posted in the thread at all. The thread was quite old when I found it, so I just PMed the OP instead.
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Who was the OP? Just to a search for his/her username.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did search for the OP numerous different times and couldn't find anything. Very odd... However, the guy just PMed me back and I think he's gonna take care of me. Let's just chalk this one up as a mystery...

Thanks for all of your help.
01-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here's the thread, for feedback purposes: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/74260-sale-%5Bsold%5D-new-k200...s-charger.html

Adam

01-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks! Appreciate all of the prompt help that I've received with this!
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Glad to hear you've got it sorted.