Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Using the new Albums for Monthly Photo Contests?

Just a thought, not sure how it would affect bandwidth but it would be neat to create a user, called "PF Monthly Photo Contest" or something like that. Then setup an album for each month's images. Using individual album names sort by date so the current contest can appear first in the list for the ContestUserID.

I would still leave the images in the voting thread but I was just thinking it might be and a nice way to compare images as we pare down the shots we want to vote for. Right now it's as tedious as it is fun and I think using the new albums might make it easier to vote...plus it is a nice way for people to find out how the albums work as well. So you kill two-birds-with-one-stone, resulting of course in two-stoned-birds...

Hope this reads OK...past my bedtime and well, the night doses are kicking in...

01-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed that some sort of change is needed, but perhaps a custom solution would be more fitting. I will try to cough up my own script to accomplish something like this later down the road. Also, the entire contest forum will have to become more centralized and organized before then.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
thanks Adam...sorry for missing your reply. Have fun coding...I think you are right since you can also do a custom layout/template for the voting thread itself. The entrants are putting the *wood* to ya with all the great entries, huh? Stop sleeping, write more code...you're young, you can sleep when yer old, you'll enjoy it more then anyway.