Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How to attach a small image, when clicked goes to Full res.

The 'imgwide' doesn't really go to full resolution. I've seen images that are posted in low resolution and doesn't say 'click on it....' at the bottom of the image like the 'imgwide' feature does, but yet when clicked on it takes you to a page where it is displayed in full resolution.

Absolutely love this feature, but how to do it ?

01-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Make a thumbnail, use img tags to embed it, and then wrap it in url tags with a link to the full size image.

This can also be done easily if you use the photo insertion popup for album/gallery photos- there's an option to insert thumbnails.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Make a thumbnail, use img tags to embed it, and then wrap it in url tags with a link to the full size image.

This can also be done easily if you use the photo insertion popup for album/gallery photos- there's an option to insert thumbnails.

Well almost got it, but I am having that web address still stuck to the side of the image. How do i get rid of it?

Actually I am surprised I got this far....as I have no idea what i am doing

Last edited by pcarfan; 01-17-2010 at 03:57 PM.
01-17-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think you may be using [url][img]site.com/imageS.jpg[/img]site.com/imageL.jpg[/url] instead of [url=site.com/imageL.jpg][img]site.com/imageS.jpg[/img][/url]

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That Format is just giving me this

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4281314221_e211476430.jpg[/IMG]
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You've got a malformed tag above.

Adam

01-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

See this page for details on how to format the linked image tag: PentaxForums.com - BB Code List

Adam

01-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
See this page for details on how to format the linked image tag: PentaxForums.com - BB Code List

That should have my answer, thanks.

01-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Got it