Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
mothy

Marketplace replies

Pardon my cluelessness, but I'm wondering about Marketplace reply etiquette. When a prospective Buyer is interested in a Seller's item, isn't it best to respond with a Private Message? What about a (public) Post Reply? Is there any reason to "Reply" other than notarization of interest? Is a "Reply" a courtesy to the Seller or to other Forum members?

Thanks, any and all.

02-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Posting potentially helps with a 'paper trail'. It's also a good indicator for others who are interested whether to express their interest or not.
In a perfect world, potential buyers would always post and the seller would always sell to the first in line.
02-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
mothy

Thanks, Damn Brit. Perhaps your sentiments could be included in the Marketplace Regulations, Rules and Policies? I think some Reply elaboration would be helpful for those of us who are newbs.
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The rules are clearly stated, and required (by our software) to be read by all users prior to using the Marketplace. As far as I recall they do indicate posting & reply guidelines.

Update: I just checked and indeed everything is outlined. Please see this page if you'd like to review the policies: PentaxForums.com - Forum Rules

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: