Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam, the various forum divisions have always seemed a bit subjective to me as they try to segregate parts of in a process that is fluid and easily slides back and forth from how to take the shot, to taking the image to processing the image.

I can read the forum stickies on what goes in each forum until my eyes blur and sometimes it's still a bit fuzzy whether an thread should be in Post Processing or Pentax DSLR or General Photography. So, whether a particular thread belongs in one place or another is often the decision of management. I don't care if a mod moves a thread, and it seems to make more sense IMO to have a catch-all category and let the folks who helped set the process up make the tough calls. It may streamline the process from the administration end to do away with the EE forum, but it doesn't necessarily improve it for the members. But then, I could be wrong,
Brian

Last edited by FHPhotographer; 02-23-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: clarification, I hope
02-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Adam, the various forum divisions have always seemed a bit subjective to me as they try to segregate parts of in a process that is fluid and easily slides back and forth from how to take the shot, to taking the image to processing the image.

I can read the forum stickies on what goes in each forum until my eyes blur and sometimes it's still a bit fuzzy whether an thread should be in Post Processing or Pentax DSLR or General Photography. So, whether a particular thread belongs in one place or another is often the decision of management. I don't care if a mod moves a thread, and it seems to make more sense IMO to have a catch-all category and let the folks who helped set the process up make the tough calls. It may streamline the process from the administration end to do away with the EE forum, but it doesn't necessarily improve it for the members. But then, I could be wrong,
Brian
What used to be EE and is not renamed is still catch-all, but, for example, we no longer want people posting threads about lenses or specific camera issues in there, as those would go under the lens or DSLR/SLR forums.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Oscar1 Quote
If you added a P&R sub-forum, the by-product would be a "cleaned up" General Talk Forum.
Take this one step further: if you forbade P&R threads, the by-product would be a "cleaned up" site... period!

Pentax Forums should not be a place for people to spout off about whatever they want. There are plenty of other fora for that. Here it is simply pollution and lowers the entire tone.
02-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ignorable PR forum added. Say hello to a cleaner GT

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Yay!
02-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ignorable PR forum added. Say hello to a cleaner GT
Thank you very much, Adam.
02-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #22
Veteran Member