Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
emr

Forums To Exclude From View

"Forums To Exclude From View
Here you can select certain forums to exclude from the forums list, from "get new" search and from "get daily" search"

I must be really thick as I can't figure out how that option is supposed to work in account settings. I've tried this on my MacBook using three different browsers (Safari 4, Firefox 3.6 and Chrome) and nothing in the settings seems to change, either ctrl pressed or not. On my settings there are "Off topic, General talk, Politics" and they don't change whatever I do.

How's it supposed to be done?

02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
"Forums To Exclude From View
Here you can select certain forums to exclude from the forums list, from "get new" search and from "get daily" search"

I must be really thick as I can't figure out how that option is supposed to work in account settings. I've tried this on my MacBook using three different browsers (Safari 4, Firefox 3.6 and Chrome) and nothing in the settings seems to change, either ctrl pressed or not. On my settings there are "Off topic, General talk, Politics" and they don't change whatever I do.

How's it supposed to be done?
In "Edit Options"

highlight the forum you want to exclude, then hit the save button.
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
emr

OK, thanks. But is that supposed to show somehow? When I go back to the options, that part looks still the same.
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
OK, thanks. But is that supposed to show somehow? When I go back to the options, that part looks still the same.
In edit options, it will look the same. The forum you want to ignore will still be shown highlighted. However, when you look at the main page, the ignored forum should not be there.'

02-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
emr

Right, that's how it seems to work. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by emr; 02-24-2010 at 10:24 PM.
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It's done that way in the event that, sometime in the future, you decide to un-ignore the forum
05-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #7

How to ignore some on-topic forums?

It seems that only off-topic forums can be ignored, right?

05-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kkumer Quote
It seems that only off-topic forums can be ignored, right?
Right. Check out the third tutorial in the news forum for details

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-17-2010, 05:19 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Right. Check out the third tutorial in the news forum for details
Yes, I did that, but wanted to be sure. In any case, such feature (possiblity of ignoring any forum) would be great to have. I am new to both DSLR photography and this forum and I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of posts here. Great forum, though.