Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #1

FAQ to Pentax Photography Knowledgebase

Hi there!

I received an email from news@pentaxforums.com that the old Pentax FAQ has been changed into the new Pentax Photography Knowledgebase. I was directed to this url, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-photography-knowledgebase/, for this Pentax Photography Knowledgebase. But when I clicked the said address, nothing appears except a page that says PAGE NOT FOUND.

I just thought this should be brought to the attention of the forum admin. Hope you guys can fix this ASAP.

07-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for pointing this out, pet_portrait!

The provided link does not work because I changed the section title from "Pentax Photography Knowledgebase" to "Pentax Photography Knowledge Base." At the time, I did not recall that this would also change the forum URL, which is formatted by the vBSEO software to include keywords instead of ID numbers. To our disadvantage, vBSEO does not create HTTP 301 redirects for renamed forums.

The correct link to the KB is as follows: Pentax Articles | Pentax K-5 | Pentax K-r | Pentax K-x - PentaxForums.com

To conserve server resources, I will not be resending the e-mails, but I hope that everyone manages to find the KB from the forum index!

Once again, let me emphasize that the e-mail that we sent out is the only document containing the faulty link. Nothing within the forum itself is broken

Regards,

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: