Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
The -=Official=- gear-list / Sig thread

as seen on many photography forums...

Ok folks, here's an idea:
Instead of listing all of your cameras, lenses and other gear in your signature which gets shown in every post, post them all in this thread and just have a hyperlink back to your entry in your sig instead. Easy!
This will unclutter the forums a little and make threads more readable as some of these sigs are getting to be huuuge! (you know who you are! )

(Keep in mind that this is just a suggestion - I don't want to offend any members with well-endowed sigs!)

03-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KirstenH Quote
as seen on many photography forums...

Ok folks, here's an idea:
Instead of listing all of your cameras, lenses and other gear in your signature which gets shown in every post, post them all in this thread and just have a hyperlink back to your entry in your sig instead. Easy!
This will unclutter the forums a little and make threads more readable as some of these sigs are getting to be huuuge! (you know who you are! )

(Keep in mind that this is just a suggestion - I don't want to offend any members with well-endowed sigs!)
We can already link to our "About Me" as viewed by everyone else" page for Equipment. Click my lenses link below.
03-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Oh okay, that's just fantastic!
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Kirsten, to link to your equipment list, you need to first click on the "about me" tab and then click on the "View your "About Me" as seen by everyone else" link in the upper right corner - copy that URL and use it for you equipment link.

The link you have now just links to your profile.

03-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scatron Quote
Kirsten, to link to your equipment list, you need to first click on the "about me" tab and then click on the "View your "About Me" as seen by everyone else" link in the upper right corner - copy that URL and use it for you equipment link.

The link you have now just links to your profile.
Kirsten: Here's your "About Me" page linked About Kirsten

Paste your URL, Edit and Click the "Double AA" characters in upper right to see the HTML