Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
emr

Automatic IMGWIDE tagging?

Using the IMGWIDE tags instead of plain vanilla IMG seems to escape the common knowledge and very ofter the posted images are so wide that one has to do scrolling on a smaller display. I wonder if it would be possbile to automagically convert the IMG tags to IMGWIDE if it's wider than a preset value?

03-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Using JS, yes it would, but I've played with the system and in the long run it proved more problematic than it was worth.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
emr

Adam, I wonder if the wide image handling is broken again since lately wide images have been seen wider than my 1280 x 800 MacBook laptop display and need some scrolling again. I admit that I've recently added the Greasemonkey plugin to my Firefox, but whitelisting PF or disabling GM does not seem to help. Is anybody else experiencing this or is it something about my system?
08-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The maximum width option is currently found here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Just do a control+f for "maximum photo width" and the option should show up. It will allow you to choose a maximum width for all forum images.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
emr

Thanks. Is this a new setting since I just noticed the problem a couple of days ago? Or perhaps people have been just posting narrower pictures usually.
08-31-2010, 05:31 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Likely the latter. The setting has been around for several months

Adam

08-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Right click - view image.

Removes the need for scrolling on images. Does not help with wide text though.

08-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Right click - view image.

Removes the need for scrolling on images. Does not help with wide text though.
The option takes care of that, and even the text

Adam

08-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I wonder if adjusting your screen resolution would solve this problem. If you adjust the screen resolution you should not have to scroll that much. Just saying.
08-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
I wonder if adjusting your screen resolution would solve this problem. If you adjust the screen resolution you should not have to scroll that much. Just saying.
People like changing screen resolution even less than scrolling because it affects everything else. I have a 23 inch monitor, and I still need to scroll sometimes for knuckleheads - until I started using "right click - view image " :-)
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Oh well. As I said, I was just saying. Mine is a 22" screen but I realize not everyone has one that big and I use the imgwide tags when the photo is bigger than 900 wide.