Which do you prefer?

Name:  Screenshot-2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot-3.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  34.7 KB

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I voted for 1 because it uses the space more efficiently (since there's negligible difference in the height of either version), making it easier to quickly view at a glance.

I know you're not soliciting feedback on it, but I'm not a fan of the logo, though. Four different font sizes in one logo is a bit busy - at the least I'd make "forums" and "com" the same font, and a blue logo on a blue site design blends into the background too much I think.

I think I prefer the existing logo and color scheme over the new one, although the logo could use less sharpening halos / a bit of antialiasing.
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I could have sworn I posted a reply here earlier, but I guess I must have closed the window or something on accident.

That logo is actually fairly old, and wouldn't probably mind a fresher look. If any designer out there would be interested in helping out with it, I'm always open to suggestions.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-31-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Skinheader?

03-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ira, I'm starting to worry about you!

I'm probably going to regret this, but.......... I don't see a difference in the two.
03-31-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Ira, I'm starting to worry about you!

I'm probably going to regret this, but.......... I don't see a difference in the two.
I must admit I didn't see it initially, but popping the images up in separate tabs and tabbing between the two made it clear as day.

Look at the location of the "Welcome, Adam" etc. text, and also the link bar (with Home, Forum, Reviews etc.) relative to the breadcrumb navigation bar (where it says "PentaxForums.com > Our Pentax Forum").

It's basically the same otherwise, just those three things rearranged.
03-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got it. Thanks, knoxploration.

03-31-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
Ira
Inactive Account

I don't know what you guys are talking about:

I just saw "skinhead" and reacted.