Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Top right "New posts X (in Y Threads)

It seems that the New Posts link has a slight error in the code. It reads as

But it displays as:

The link is displaying the post count in both occurrences instead of the Post and Thread counts.

04-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmmm.... looks like it is working now. Not sure what happened in the mean time. Last time it was showing 12 (in 12 Threads) where the search ID returned 9 new threads. Strange.
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's because the search is cached and is only refreshed once in a certain period of time.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Probably just me, but I would love a system option that would reset those counters to zero at the time I clicked the link, saving me the need to Click, copy URL, mark forums read, past URL and proceed.
Still, it's so much better than the "old" way

04-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In your case you don't want to click mark forums read at all until you're done for the day. As you read each thread it will automatically be taken off the getnew list.