Error trying to upload to Gallery

Trying to upload a pic from pbase but I keep getting this error;

Sorry, wjwncpro: Bad Open - Cannot Open the images Directory for Writing

What does it mean???

11-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I get the same error.
Attaching to a post is working fine, but I can't seem to upload to the gallery without getting the same error as above.
11-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like the system was having trouble creating a new folder for your photos...

Must have been a temporary error, so please try again. All CHMOD permissions do appear to be ok...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2006, 03:18 PM   #4

Original Poster
Mo, just tried again and got the same error. I'm trying to upload this pic to the Architecture gallery.
http://ct.pbase.com/o6/71/10071/1/70770722.uAT6MeFJ.IMGP7123wZen.jpg
This pic has also been uploaded in another pic post within this forum so I know the link works.
Wayne

11-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I just downloaded the pic to my PC and uploaded it with my account- it worked.

Try uploading from your disk rather than from URLs. If you still can't get it to work, PM me your account password and I'll fix it

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Forum Member

Mo . . .
Thanks for the suggestion of uploading directly from my computer.

I, too, was trying to upload from a URL (in my case it was flickr.com).
While that was not working (same error message as wjwncpro), going directly from my computer did.

I'll just do it that way and complain no more
11-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ok, good that it's working.

I guess I should disable the problematic URL uploads to avoid confusion in the future (and because the photos are already online to begin with).

Adam

11-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #8

Original Poster
Got it uploaded from the pc, when viewed it comes up medium size. Is there a way to set the view size when uploading or editing?
thanks
11-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

After each original image is uploaded, the system automatically creates 3 resized versions- large, medium and small.

Use the following link structure to view each version:

Large- https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/[your user ID]/large/filename.jpg

Medium- https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/[your user ID]/medium/filename.jpg

Small- https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/[your user ID]/small/filename.jpg

Original- https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/images/[your user ID]/filename.jpg

Adam

11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #10

Original Poster
When uploading, there is no function for setting the view size. When viewing the pic it is defaulted to medium and shows the link structure on the bottom of the page and changing it does nothing. When I edit the page, there is no edit function for setting the view size
Where do you insert the link structure (view size) when 'uploading' the file from the pc?
11-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Oh, I see what you mean now. You can't change the gallery display size, but if you link to the image or embed it in your posts you can choose from the links above.

Adam

11-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #12

Original Poster
So the 'User Photo Gallery' is more for posting photos and linking to other sites and not necessarily for viewing. Is that correct?
The following is linked from the gallery at actual upload size; 800x###
11-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by wjwncpro Quote
So the 'User Photo Gallery' is more for posting photos and linking to other sites and not necessarily for viewing. Is that correct?
Yeah, I guess you could use it for either way

The next version of the software will include more advanced personal albums, though, so stay tuned!

Adam

11-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Nice 'golden hour' shot. Am still struggling with how to link a picture into a post from the gallery on this site. Any help out there??
11-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Just copy everything that you see in this box in a gallery listing and paste it directly into your posts:
Attached Images

Adam