Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Edit forms not working

For the last ~24 hours or so, I've been getting the wrong buttons on the edit form when I go back to correct a typo in my posts. It's easier to show a picture than to try and describe the issue, so see the image below, and take note of the buttons to the right of the "Reason for editing" field...

For some reason I get two vote buttons in the edit form, rather than whatever the correct arrangement should be.

04-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's strange, but I can't reproduce it when logged in through your account, so let's try to isolate the reason when/why this happens. I guess browser would be a nice place to start- which browser were you using?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's strange, but I can't reproduce it when logged in through your account, so let's try to isolate the reason when/why this happens. I guess browser would be a nice place to start- which browser were you using?
Google Chrome 4.1.249.1045. Let me try logging in with a different browser, though. I'll report back momentarily...

Edit: Saying that, I just tried on this thread (haven't restarted my browser since I started this thread) and it's working normally again right now. Wonder if you logging in as me cleared something, although I wasn't asked to re-login when I just came back to the site. I also tried going back to a thread / post I saw the issue on previously, in case it was specific to the thread or post, but no joy there either.

If I see the problem again, I'll switch browsers immediately and see if I can replicate it.
04-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, I don't think you should be worrying about this I just did a little bit of research as you're not the first to report this. I've found out the following:

• It's a browser bug, not a forum bug
  • Affects only AppleWebKit browsers (Safari & Chrome)
  • Occurs randomly once in a few hundred edits

button changes to vote now - vBulletin Community Forum - Projects

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Occurs randomly once in a few hundred edits
Hah - that's my luck right there. Occurs once in a few hundred edits, and I saw it three times in 24 hours (and believe me, I didn't make a thousand edits - probably 5 or 6.)

Can I win the lottery though, can I heck! ;-)

Thanks for checking into it, I guess if it continues to happen I can just switch browsers for this site. (I still use IE, just only when absolutely necessary).