Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Alternate photo forum

How about a forum for photo art work/digital art?

10-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
TirexMan

What we are doing to the planet we are living on?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a question and would like to see where everyone stands on this.
Lets compare the world as a whole to a smaller place in an ecosystem. Lets say the maximum amount of deer in particular alloted, closed off forest, is 200. This forest supports 200 deer stability for a long period of time because of the self supporting ecosystem. Lets say a huge amount of food is dumped in that forest that only the deer eat. So the deer breed out of control and eat all the food, that food is gone and with a population of 2000 deer all the rest of potential food will be gone also. So the deer starve and die in huge quantities and after the damage they did on the environment, it supports only 20 deer now.

Since this same logic can be applied to humans and the world, why would we be worrying about something as seemingly trivial as abortion being legal or not? shouldn't space exploration be a bigger priority? Or at least more of an attention to what we are doing to the planet we are living on?

I really ask this because I do not understand your positions on this. Please help me here.

P.S. Sorry If wrong place!
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
How about a forum for photo art work/digital art?
Well this is a Pentax forum not a Photoshop forum. You could always post in the PP and Software sub forum.
10-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TirexMan Quote
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have a question and would like to see where everyone stands on this.
Lets compare the world as a whole to a smaller place in an ecosystem. Lets say the maximum amount of deer in particular alloted, closed off forest, is 200. This forest supports 200 deer stability for a long period of time because of the self supporting ecosystem. Lets say a huge amount of food is dumped in that forest that only the deer eat. So the deer breed out of control and eat all the food, that food is gone and with a population of 2000 deer all the rest of potential food will be gone also. So the deer starve and die in huge quantities and after the damage they did on the environment, it supports only 20 deer now.

Since this same logic can be applied to humans and the world, why would we be worrying about something as seemingly trivial as abortion being legal or not? shouldn't space exploration be a bigger priority? Or at least more of an attention to what we are doing to the planet we are living on?

I really ask this because I do not understand your positions on this. Please help me here.

P.S. Sorry If wrong place!
what has this got to do with the OP's question, show some respect to this poster and teach it to others, this will make the world a better place

10-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Clarence. Hope you are well.

The idea of such forum has been distanced by the majority of forum members. This has been dismissed quite a couple of times as well.

Given the level of your skill in photoshop processing, hardly anyone could give you tips (you are already very good since one year ago).

There are quite a few blogs just giving free tips on digital art and fora where image manipulation was the key theme.

Be well.

p.s. Great to see you again here though
10-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tirex revived a 2yr old (11-27-2006, 09:30 PM) single post thread with his bizarre abortion spam(?).
10-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a section in the user photo gallery for miscellanous photos and images; just use the current for for discussion.

Also, I just gave Tyrex his IP ban

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: