Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This feature isn't active for up simpletons (Simple Skin Readers). Anothe great feature about the simple skin.

Tim

PS: I don't think the permalinks do anything in simple skin either, as far as I can tell.

04-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's there- see the scale-looking icon.

The permalinks really only need to be in the green skin, but for consistency's sake (and in the rare case that a search engine would somehow trigger the simple skin), we might as well leave them. Don't think they hurt, right?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Also, update: no negative reputation ratings.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2010, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Overall it seems like this system has been welcomed very warmly, and thus it looks like we're keeping it in place. It seems like something fun and rewarding to members! Perhaps also something we can use to award Pentaxian status!

Let's spread the word about this! One easy way to do so would be to add a line to your signature, similar to what I've done.

Once again, enjoy!

Adam

04-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Users will now become Pentaxians at 1000 reputation, regardless of posts or join date.
In addition, a low reputation requirement of 100 has been added for both current Pentaxian qualifications. Current users will not be affected or demoted.

Adam

04-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's there- see the scale-looking icon.

The permalinks really only need to be in the green skin, but for consistency's sake (and in the rare case that a search engine would somehow trigger the simple skin), we might as well leave them. Don't think they hurt, right?
I can't find a scale-looking icon for the OP's for an older thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ers-guide.html
Am I missing something or isn't it available?

Tim
04-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
In announcement-style posts, there should be a [add reputation] link. Regular posts, on the other hand, should have the scale icon.

I will check this on your end to confirm that everything is working from a technical perspective. Stanby

Adam

04-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I have confirmed that everything is working! Perhaps you missed the icon- it looks like this:

Adam

04-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have confirmed that everything is working! Perhaps you missed the icon- it looks like this:
hmmm... I can't see that scale icon anywhere...
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #40
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I can't either.
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That's only for the low-fi skin. All the other skins have a plus icon by the username.

Adam

04-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Where can you see a member's reputation number?
04-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
You can't see the number, but you can see the level & rank in their profile, on the right side at the top.

Adam

04-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam.
04-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A brief explanation how reputation icons work:

I'm going to just list examples rather than trying to explain the algorithm, as I think that's going to be much easier to understand. An icon is awarded every 75 points, or every 150 points if your score is over 450.

New member:

Reputation (new accounts)

1-149 Reputation

150-224 Reputation

225-299 Reputation

300-374 Reptuation

375-449 Reputation

450-599 Reputation

600-749 Reputation

750-899 Reputation

900-1049 Reputation

1050-1199

1200-1349 Reputation

1350+ Reputation

This is based off of a slightly modified version of the stock vBulletin reputation algorithm. If needed, we'll make further modifications as needed or suggested.

As a reminder, these medal icons are viewable in user profiles; they are displayed as simple little bubbles for users of the low-fi skin.

Adam