Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 04:30 AM   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Each user's reputation information is displayed in the dropdown shown when you hit the plus icon, along with scores and power, to add a bit of substance to everything.
Cool stuff, Adam.
That really makes it a lot more useful.

05-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Unnecessary clutter. The icons are quite big outside of the low-fi skin.
I have to admit, I think it'd be rather helpful to have the ratings inlined in the post headers too, alongside the user's name. If the icons are too big, perhaps they could be replaced with smaller icons, or just a line of text with the rating (eg. "Reputation: 507 points" or whatever).

To me, the benefit of the system is the ability to immediately judge posts based on the users' reputation - and if you have to click through to another page to see it, it removes that ability (or at least, makes it much less convenient).

Thanks for the hard work nonetheless though!
05-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #78

Photos: Gallery
What is the purpose of the idea that when one person leaves some rep it is worth more points than when someone else leaves some rep?
05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #79
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
I have to admit, I think it'd be rather helpful to have the ratings inlined in the post headers too, alongside the user's name. If the icons are too big, perhaps they could be replaced with smaller icons, or just a line of text with the rating (eg. "Reputation: 507 points" or whatever).

To me, the benefit of the system is the ability to immediately judge posts based on the users' reputation - and if you have to click through to another page to see it, it removes that ability (or at least, makes it much less convenient).

Thanks for the hard work nonetheless though!
This information is now viewable in the postbit- see the other announcement thread for details (click on the + icon to view the info)

QuoteOriginally posted by DblArrow Quote
What is the purpose of the idea that when one person leaves some rep it is worth more points than when someone else leaves some rep?
Obviously, the more seniority you have on the forum, the larger your say about others' posts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #80

Photos: Gallery
Kinda makes sense I suppose - but didn't seem that obvious to me. But what does that really say....
05-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #81
Veteran Member

This information is now viewable in the postbit- see the other announcement thread for details (click on the + icon to view the info)
Got it, thanks... Still requires a click on each person's post to view the info, but at least it doesn't require a full page load.
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #82
Banned

Photos: Albums
I am amused by the text "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive". As it could be anything else but Positive.

05-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #83
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Poor phrasing, it seems. Ill take a look at the strings.
05-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Adam, where does the comment go one can leave when increasing someone's reputation?

It appears the person receiving the reputation points doesn't get to read them so I wonder whether it's worth putting something into the comment field at all.
05-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #85
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Adam, where does the comment go one can leave when increasing someone's reputation?

It appears the person receiving the reputation points doesn't get to read them so I wonder whether it's worth putting something into the comment field at all.
It gets listed on your profile page in a reputation section.

I'm not sure about the usefulness of comments. I understand the idea around explicitly saying thanks, but that can sometimes tell you who left it, which is supposed to be anonymous.

I kind of like the voting on slashdot where people label stuff as insightful, funny, informative, etc. Makes it a bit clearer why the post was appreciated.
05-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
It gets listed on your profile page in a reputation section.
Where exactly?

I see such a section for marketplace feedback but not for the forum reputation.

I'm not sure about the usefulness of comments. I understand the idea around explicitly saying thanks, but that can sometimes tell you who left it, which is supposed to be anonymous.

I kind of like the voting on slashdot where people label stuff as insightful, funny, informative, etc. Makes it a bit clearer why the post was appreciated.
You can use those labels, if you like.
I'd find it limiting to be confined to only these.
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #87
Banned

Where exactly?
I see such a section for marketplace feedback but not for the forum reputation.
On User Control Panel, there is a "Latest Reputation Received" section just above the "Latest threads in which you've posted". At least, that's where I see it.
05-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #88
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Right, that's where it is. You can view comments, but not usernames. Props if you can accurately guess who left it if it's someone other than me :P

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #89
Pentaxian

On User Control Panel, there is a "Latest Reputation Received" section just above the "Latest threads in which you've posted".
Thanks a lot, found it! Sorry for having been blind.

Props if you can accurately guess who left it if it's someone other than me :P
05-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #90
Banned

Thanks a lot, found it! Sorry for having been blind.
Just saying thanks doesn't cut it anymore. You need to bump my reputation. I'll know when you'll properly do it too, but only if you do it soon! Later, I may start getting doubts it was really you.

Just kidding!

Cheers!