Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 30 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
In announcement-style posts, there should be a [add reputation] link. Regular posts, on the other hand, should have the scale icon.

I will check this on your end to confirm that everything is working from a technical perspective. Stanby
Thanks, it was for one of the Article authors and I didn't see it at the top.

Tim

04-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought the medals would show under the user name in posts - is there a reason it isn't so?
04-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #48
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I thought the medals would show under the user name in posts - is there a reason it isn't so?
Unnecessary clutter. The icons are quite big outside of the low-fi skin.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Adam, I just tried to reward someone's post. It just so happened that the last time I rewarded a post, it was by the same user.

The system didn't accept my vote on the grounds that I have to "spread my reputation". I can see that this is will prevent abuse, but I think it is overly restrictive.

It's like my local supermarkt telling me "No, you cannot buy another Heineken before you had a Budweiser."

Rather than restricting votes, you may want to incorporate from how many different user a user received reputations. The ebay rating worked like this (last time I looked). One can easily see the absolute number of positive votes but also from how many different users it comes. If the second number is a lot lower than the first it just means the users has a few very active buyers/fans.

04-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #50
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'll go ahead and lower the spread from 20 to 10. Considering the number of comments being given out, that's probably more fair.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-29-2010, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So these will be seen by everyone next to our user names. hmmm Is there a point to this? Does this interfear with our marketplace reputation points?
04-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #52
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Nope, these are only visible in the profile and are unrelated to marketplace feedback.

04-30-2010, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

sorry Class A, Adam and everybody, as this post is totally irrelevent to Class A's psot (to which i'm replying) but just couldn't help noticing Class A's choice of HAL 9000's 'eye' as your Avatar, and admiring it too!

very cute idea and i wonder why i didn't do that myself as i've used the same item for other purposes already. nice one and congratz!

Last edited by penties rider; 04-30-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typo, missed info, etc
04-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by penties rider Quote
very cute idea...
Thanks!

I like your self-portrait as well.
04-30-2010, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

Can I arrange to have a really trashy reputation applied to me now as this may save a lot of bother at some later point and means I have nothing to live up to at present, making life a lot easier.

Justin.
04-30-2010, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Rep, rep, and more rep. Let's start leaving it!

Adam

04-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #57

I am not sure that I understand the feature / benefit to this idea. I am not particularly against this but don’t see the value. Please explain!
04-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProAudio Quote
I am not sure that I understand the feature / benefit to this idea. I am not particularly against this but don’t see the value. Please explain!
See here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/site-suggestions-forum-help/99502-suggest...eputation.html

Adam

05-01-2010, 12:06 AM   #59
Inactive Account

Face of the Conformism ?

This is no good. When I was thinking Adam is designing this forum by stealing my ideas via teleport-idea stealing method, now this reputation step is not my idea at all.

When reputation system will promote like-minded, existing Pentax gear adulatory comments when suppressing un-like-minded, or opponent ideas even Pentax hostile ideas, which are I believe very brain tickling, exercising, reply provoking posts.

I always hated the idea singling out the weird radicals, because all creative ideas, inventions, hacking's came from weird, radical, strange, unique thinking people in the human history. Well if it is true and if we can apply this idea to this forum, I am right.

Also seeking majorities acceptance is kinda embarrassing for me, I dunno others.
05-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
This is no good. When I was thinking Adam is designing this forum by stealing my ideas via teleport-idea stealing method, now this reputation step is not my idea at all.

When reputation system will promote like-minded, existing Pentax gear adulatory comments when suppressing un-like-minded, or opponent ideas even Pentax hostile ideas, which are I believe very brain tickling, exercising, reply provoking posts.

I always hated the idea singling out the weird radicals, because all creative ideas, inventions, hacking's came from weird, radical, strange, unique thinking people in the human history. Well if it is true and if we can apply this idea to this forum, I am right.

Also seeking majorities acceptance is kinda embarrassing for me, I dunno others.
I don't follow- only positive comments can be left, they are anonymous, and your exact "score" can't be viewed- couldn't be better IMO. Just click the rep button more often

Adam