Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kxr4trids Quote
If they are all flat (low contrast) like the one you posted, and they all have black text, you can select just the text using the wand or color range tools. Then lighten it, expand a couple pixels, and gaussian blur it until it blends with the background, then adjust overall image contrast. It's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot quicker than cloning. CS5 might have a tool to deal with this, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

hm. apparently forum no longer supports inline image posting, linked to imageshack.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8748/tempmal.jpg
Good point, I wonder what content aware fill would do with that.

05-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

A buddy of mine took a whirl at it with content aware fill in CS5.
He didn't take much time and only took out one name, but this might be something to look into.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 02-05-2011 at 08:44 PM.
05-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kxr4trids Quote
If they are all flat (low contrast) like the one you posted, and they all have black text, you can select just the text using the wand or color range tools. Then lighten it, expand a couple pixels, and gaussian blur it until it blends with the background, then adjust overall image contrast. It's not perfect but it's a heck of a lot quicker than cloning. CS5 might have a tool to deal with this, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

hm. apparently forum no longer supports inline image posting, linked to imageshack.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8748/tempmal.jpg
Thanks for the tip, kxr! That technique does lighten the text considerably. Interesting you couldn't post your photo directly though. I managed it OK....

05-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
A buddy of mine took a whirl at it with content aware fill in CS5.
He didn't take much time and only took out one name, but this might be something to look into.
Hmm, seems I should look into CS5. I just downloaded the trial.

Thanks!!

05-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Yes, the originals would be best.

But nobody has asked about the files.

Does your brother have the files from the drug store or whoever scanned them? If so you could avoid a lot of PP and just work on the contrast of the photos themselves.

Just a thought.

(I messed around with the picture you posted and got decent results with just duplicating a layer and changing the blending method to multiple and then duplicating that layer once or twice)
05-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THAN THE SWORD Quote
Yes, the originals would be best.

But nobody has asked about the files.

Does your brother have the files from the drug store or whoever scanned them? If so you could avoid a lot of PP and just work on the contrast of the photos themselves.

Just a thought.

(I messed around with the picture you posted and got decent results with just duplicating a layer and changing the blending method to multiple and then duplicating that layer once or twice)
I asked my brother about that, and unfortunately he failed to make copies of the scan files. He just added that hideous text to the original files and saved them. Oh the pain, the pain....