Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Lightroom 3 -- Final version available

At last, after a long beta phase, the final version of Adobe's Lightroom 3 is available. You can download a trial version from the UK store, for instance.

In contrast to the beta version, this final version supports lens corrections!

Here's an overview for the new features.

It would be great if you could contribute to our collection of Adobe Lens Profiles and/or our collection of Adobe Camera Profiles.

Last edited by Class A; 06-08-2010 at 01:25 AM.
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yay, I was wondering if this would get released while I still qualified for an educational discount.
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just got my email notice for LR3 offical release too. D/l'ing as I type...I sure wish HoyaTax had put in the work to add several of the more recent bodies to the list of bodies compatible with LR3's tethered shooting. You know like at least the K20D, K7 & Kx...I honestly don't understand HoyaTax most of the time.

Oh, well, at least LR3 is out and we can try out the new non-beta version. Of course being Adobe an update is due out any day now...

Class A: thanks for the link to the camera & lense profiles. They'll come in handy for sure.
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The Adobe downloader is screwing up badly if you try to upgrade to LR 3, and from the reports that I have read about those trying to contact Adobe for help with failed downloads, Adobe support is putting people on hold for about an hour or more and then telling them to try again in 24 hours.

How do I know this? The Adobe installer failed completely for me... nothing happens when I try to download software that I have paid for. I checked with their support FAQ on downloading issues, and it is a total cockup ... there are several variations on how the downloader can screw you, and what happened to me is just one of them.

My advice? Don't even think of upgrading by download until ADOBE gets its act together.

06-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
The Adobe downloader is screwing up badly if you try to upgrade to LR 3
Have you tried a direct download (i.e., not using the Adobe downloader)?
Worked fine for me.
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

No, I did'nt know how to do that. But I did find a workaround after talking to a chat guy. I downloaded the trial version instead, and then installed it, and plugged in my new serial number. It accepted the number, and told me that it was an upgrade number, and gave me my Lightroom 2 number as reference. I clicked on OK (after writing the old one down) and all is fine.

Lightroom 3 incorporated all of my downloaded presets and my Viveza 2 plug in. I am a happy camper.

So, if your download of the upgrade doesn't work, get the trial version, plug in your new serial number, and heaven will smile on you. Well, at least Adobe will.
06-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
The Adobe downloader is screwing up badly if you try to upgrade to LR 3, and from the reports that I have read about those trying to contact Adobe for help with failed downloads, Adobe support is putting people on hold for about an hour or more and then telling them to try again in 24 hours.

How do I know this? The Adobe installer failed completely for me... nothing happens when I try to download software that I have paid for. I checked with their support FAQ on downloading issues, and it is a total cockup ... there are several variations on how the downloader can screw you, and what happened to me is just one of them.

My advice? Don't even think of upgrading by download until ADOBE gets its act together.
I bet their server is getting smacked right now, which will lead to all sorts of C/S calls. I intend to DL Lightroom 3, but I'll give it a few days for the burgeoning herds to finish so that I can have a nice peaceful little DL without the drama that an over extended server can cause.

06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

It's already posted on BT's

Got it, love the fact that I can directly upload to Flickr.
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks for the tips - i downloaded the upgrade version last night, but the downloader failed for some reason. So i did what snofox suggested and plugged my serial number into the trail version which i had been using. Now everything is fine....

The installer did convert my old ver2catalog to the new sofware, but i still have some few photos that i was using in a separate catalog. What's the best way to get them into my main catalog???????? If i just import them as per usual, it should see the xmp files in hte same folder, right? I've had catalog problems before so am a bit paranoid about them.