Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Image Editing Software Recommendations?

I have done a search for this topic and got no directly related hits, so please forgive me if it's been done before. I am researching a good beginners program for editing images and am wondering about Photoshop Elements 5.0.

I've read that a third party manual is recommended for newbies, but I have no problem with working through the learning curve. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

08-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Elements 5.0 is a great beginners and advanced program. Ther is a small learning curve but it doesn't take long to figure it out. there are some very good books out on elements and all the Adobe products. You just have to sit down and go through them to see which is right for you. Also the free download (Picasa) from Google is a good starter also. There is Silkypix another good program and so many more. Most of the imaging software on the market today has free trial downloads. Just download some and see which one you like. and when you find the one you like and want to stick with buy it.

Elements 5.0 has a free trial from the Adobe products web site. Give it a shot.
08-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd also recommend you try Paint.net. It's freeware with numerous plug ins on their forum. Works well, free and a great way to get started without spending any money (although donations are accepted). Try it and it may be all you need for awhile. Then you can spend some money on Elements or a full blown PS version.
Paint.net also has several tutorials that are quite good on the forums pages as well.

Home page: Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

Download page: Paint.NET - Download

Plugin forums page (searchable): Paint.NET :: Index