Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

This still seems to be a problem for some. Adobe's Dan Tull suggested to add columns to watch handles to the Task Manager and keep an eye on them.

06-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's good advice to watch task manager to see if anything is breaking. I just find it odd that it's specific to right-click functionality, something I haven't encountered yet and I beat on LR for hours on end.

Right-clicking is app-dependent, so something could be holding up the process. I have encountered this issue with Windows itself (explorer.exe) when the machine is bugging out and I can't right click on a file to get properties. When it's particularly bad, I've had it take a couple of minutes before the menu shows up.

I wonder if anyone has tried to right click and leave the computer alone to see if it eventually comes up.
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the exact same problem, win7x64, Lr 3.4 (problem started from v. 3.0), I use a Logitech mouse with the latest driver. Only solution restart Lr. The strangest thing is that upon clicking "exit" on the file drop menu, WHEN the RMB stops working, Lr applies a random preset on the photo!!!
08-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Have you tried just unplugging your mouse and plugging it back it to see if it fixes itself?

How about using a different mouse to see if it actually happens at all?

A third option - can you right click with the keyboard using the right-click key usually at the right of the space bar on standard keyboards?

08-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I changed for a Bluetooth mouse but the issue is still there...
08-24-2011, 01:16 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Anyone suffering from this problem should try LR 3.5RC.

An Adobe Community Professional believes it is worth a shot.
08-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the same Right-Click problem with LR2. After using it for an hour or so, right click would stop working. I had to close LR2, and then restart it to fix it.

I've since upgraded to LR3 w/latest update, and haven't had that problem yet. Now, my problem seems to be lag.