Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
Because you can use these profiles directly inside both Adobe Photoshop / Camera Raw, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom -- two pieces of software many photographers already use -- with no need for plugins or external programs.

PTLens has a Photoshop plugin, but it's not as integrated as Adobe's own solution. In Lightroom it's even less so, since it can only function as an external editor.
So, does this mean that the lens correction is applied to the raw image file in ACR/Lightroom? If so, I can see how it would be of benefit. It is similar to what DxO does, only DxO also fixes chromatic aberration.

I use Capture One, so none of this is of use to me. PTlens as a PS plug-in is quite simple, fast and effective. In my workflow, all images worth caring about get the PS treatment.

Rob

07-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
So, does this mean that the lens correction is applied to the raw image file in ACR/Lightroom? If so, I can see how it would be of benefit. It is similar to what DxO does, only DxO also fixes chromatic aberration.

I use Capture One, so none of this is of use to me. PTlens as a PS plug-in is quite simple, fast and effective. In my workflow, all images worth caring about get the PS treatment.
Yes, it's applied to the raw image file.
08-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Just wondering how camera could affect results of profiling?
09-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
Thanks, I will try them out!

09-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Just as a heads up, we have an "official" Adobe lens profile collection thread.

dumb question, but what do you are lens profiles used/needed for?

(apologies, im new to large volume image processing etc; am rapidly trying to school myself though, but I do know my way around photoshop!)
09-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JayR Quote
dumb question, but what do you are lens profiles used/needed for?

(apologies, im new to large volume image processing etc; am rapidly trying to school myself though, but I do know my way around photoshop!)
Simply put, the profiles automatically correct for lens distortion (either barrel or pincushion), chromatic aberration, and lens vignetting. They can be used on single images or batches. They work with both Adobe Photoshop, and Photoshop Lightroom, and while they default to correcting all of these image defects, it is possible to select which defect types should be corrected, and adjust the strength of the correction (which you might want to do for example if you like the vignetting in an image for artistic reasons, but want to fix distortion and aberrations).

You can find a detailed summary of all Adobe-provided and third-party lens profiles here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-processing-articles/112707-adobe-len...troom-3-a.html

(I'm still intending to come back and work more on that article, incidentally, but have been too busy on my day job lately to get the time.)
07-03-2020, 03:24 PM   #22

Looks like I was late to the party. The zip files does no seem to be working.

03-26-2023, 02:25 PM   #23

The new index.dat file must also be copied over for the profile to be accessed. I have Win 10 and LR 6. The latest ACR files get copied to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles. Just copy the whole Adobe ACR Lens Profiles folder which includes the index file. All of the profiles are in the 1.0 sub-folder. I just did it and can select the newly released HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR lens.