Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Batch Watermark Software

Hello there, is there a such a software anyone using and can recommend here? say like will watermark all pictures in a certain directory? A free and reliable one would be a good bonus. I am using PS CS4, a free plugin would work for me too.

06-24-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
rkt

I have tried the Mogrify plugin with Lightroom... pretty flexible and useful...

LR/Mogrify - Add Watermarks, Border and Text Annotions to Images Exported by Adobe Lightroom

Are you looking for a stand-alone software?
06-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rkt Quote

Are you looking for a stand-alone software?
Thanks, a stand alone program would be lot faster than PS, my guess.

Last edited by cbaytan; 06-24-2010 at 03:09 AM.
06-24-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I used Picture Shark some years ago.
watermark picture shark freeware image gallery protect
It was not super fancy, but got the job done. I assume it has to be even better by now. Its freeware.

Since you have CS4, the ability to do what you want is certainly "free". And of course CS4 can do pretty much anything with actions. You can then save these as "Droplets" - a desktop icon on which you can drop files or folders to do batch operations without first opening PhotoShop.

(edit)
FYI, don't be put off by the fact that Picture Shark hasn't been updated in many years. It should work fine. (I last ran it under XP, but I would be surprised if it failed under Vista or Win 7).
I believe in the past, and the instructions seem to confirm that you use images as watermarks. So you are not limited to text strings.

06-24-2010, 03:00 AM   #5
rkt

then maybe you look at this ...

Batch Watermarking & Adding Copyright with Photoshop - Digital Camera Reviews & Photography Tips

you could create this once and then apply it as necessary ... to entire folders ... within PS ...
06-24-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If you use Windows it doesn't get better or easier than Faststone Image Viewer:

FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter

Tools > Batch Convert Selected Images > Choose a directory or choose a bunch of images individually, choose your JPG etc settings for the output image, then press the 'Advanced Options' button, then select the 'Watermark' tab. Then select the image to use as the watermark, the opacity of the watermark when overlaid on the image, the position of the watermark on the image, whether it should have a shadow etc etc etc.

You can also choose other options along the way - eg to resize or resample the output image, change DPI, sharpen, add borders etc. Then press 'Convert' and it will be very quickly done..

FastStone is also just a great image browser too.
06-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Or XnView viewer---I find it better and faster than IrfanView. Does a lot of things in batch mode, including watermarks.

06-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

You can do what you want in CS-4 without the hassle of learning new software.
06-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You can do what you want in CS-4 without the hassle of learning new software.
Create a batch operation. You can create your watermark as a smart object then apply it to all in a batch. There is a way to do it where, as a smart object it will automatically resize to fit the picture as it's done. Wish mad cow wasn't so bad so I could remember where I saw it.
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Yeah, you can place an image file as a smart object and move and resize it to fit most any size image in any orientation. The watermark image should be as large or larger than you ever imagine using. It will then be resized to fit (usually as a percentage of the main image size).
Not hard, but specific steps must be followed with regards to peculiar behavior of the transform (nudge) function which does not save position information within the action under *most* cases.

I know Adobe has an example but I can never find their stuff. I believe Russell Brown has an example of this, among others. Should not be hard to find via Google/Bing, but I can iterate my action if that would be helpful.

But it sounds like a stand alone program might be easier in the end.
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The new Lightroom has a watermark feature. Go with Adobe if you have their software, Lightroom or Photoshop. You'll get more control over your watermark and in most cases better quality.
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks much folks, you are very helpful people, I love y'all seriously

Breaking my head several times by dropping from Photoshop's learning wall, I tried FastSTone Photo Resizer, and found iincredibly easy, justlike a downhill contrary to PS. wall Not only watermark you can do lot of stuff with resizer like adding frames etc in BATCH at once. These guys certainly deserves a good donation.

Here is a sample with FastStone watermark, "Surmene shipyard". Thanks again.

PS. EXIF is intact for whom curious.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Last edited by cbaytan; 06-24-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add info
06-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hello again,

I resized pictures, added watermarks&Frames in batch with Fast Stone Resizer program and uploaded to my server. I've shortened the show a bit. Now wondering how it look like at your side, then I made them a slide show with ProShow Gold.

Wondering:

1- Is it fast enough for your bandwidth? Does it load quick enough for you? (File is 18MB big and my hosting server is at Houston).

2-How do you like my pictures and whole show? You can make comments if you care.

3-Most importantly I am wondering if it slide show appears up on computers which ProSHow is not installed.

Here Is My Showl

Thanks in advance.
07-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
iWatermark does what it says on the tin, does batches, directories etc, cheap too.