Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

problem with raw files in bridge

ok i used two memory cards, one card has the problem, the other didn't affect the files at all

basically in bridge i can't rotate, add labels, stars, meta data, rename, and other details - but i can open in raw and rotate there, and still edit the files

what's the deal - im stuck

06-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
it sounds like the card would be write protected, but i am just guessing
06-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
is there a way to change the files to be write "unprotected"? :P hehe and once i brought the files on my computer, wouldn't they be good for editing? it's quite aggravating
06-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Check to see if the little lock switch on the card got moved to lock.

06-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zenimagery Quote
once i brought the files on my computer, wouldn't they be good for editing?
Yes, assuming they weren't read-only on the card (I'd expect the import operation to preserve permissions), or that you don't have some sort of option set somewhere to make them read-only on import. Like maybe you imported a one user but are trying to edit as another. Sounds like it's a basic computer / permissiobs issue, to be diagnosed by checking the file properties in windows explorer or Mac finder or whatever it's called.
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Check to see if the little lock switch on the card got moved to lock.
come on i'm not a complete idiot lol i know about the lock :P - when that lock is on i get a popup like "the card is locked" but what i'm getting is some edits i can do and others i can't

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Yes, assuming they weren't read-only on the card (I'd expect the import operation to preserve permissions), or that you don't have some sort of option set somewhere to make them read-only on import. Like maybe you imported a one user but are trying to edit as another. Sounds like it's a basic computer / permissiobs issue, to be diagnosed by checking the file properties in windows explorer or Mac finder or whatever it's called.
how can that be if i transferred from both memory cards in one sitting. i didn't transfer on two different days. file properties i checked also and "read only" is not checked. i checked properties with a file i can edit completely and one i can't, and everything is identical.

you can see why i'm stuck ...

anyone willing to accept two raw files and see if they can edit them on their computer?
06-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure, PM me.

06-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zenimagery Quote
how can that be if i transferred from both memory cards in one sitting.
One sitting for you,perhaps, but still two different operations. Hard to know hat was different, but obviously *something* was. It's not something as simple as, say, one card came a camera supported by your application, and the other came from an unsupported camera?

Or it could be that one card is simply corrupt.
06-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
One sitting for you,perhaps, but still two different operations. Hard to know hat was different, but obviously *something* was. It's not something as simple as, say, one card came a camera supported by your application, and the other came from an unsupported camera?

Or it could be that one card is simply corrupt.
both cards from same camera. mr Wheatfield told me he could edit them just fine, so there must be a problem with bridge, or my computer, or who knows what else :/
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL ok i think i fixed it

tools > cache > purge cache for folder

such a simple action makes me feel so stupid