Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
change date format import in lightroom

before i had lightroom i just let the camera do its thing and it would import the photo into a folder named after the shoot date - in the format yyyy_mm_dd
which i like and would like to get lightroom to do the same thing, anyone know how to get it to do this.
I can see how you would get it to do it manually but can't see how to set a custom+auto dating format

cheers

07-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You can't change that in Lightroom.

However in Lightroom's you can use YYYY-MM-DD, which is superior to YYYY_MM_DD. Of course, you will ask how one date format can be superior to another? Well, it's because such format conforms ISO 8601 standard:
ISO 8601 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
07-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure if that is going to matter a whit to the average photographer.
In Lightroom you have to tell it exactly what directory to import into.
The nice thing is that you can tell it to import into two different directories for back up purposes.
For it to be meaningful, you would need two drives.
07-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
You can't change that in Lightroom.

However in Lightroom's you can use YYYY-MM-DD, which is superior to YYYY_MM_DD. Of course, you will ask how one date format can be superior to another? Well, it's because such format conforms ISO 8601 standard:
ISO 8601 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is not superior, just standarized... can be changed and is decided by people, so i cant see why is superior neither better