Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
PP Question

So I was reading this thread...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/9586...rocessing.html

And it got my curious. For those of you that do weddings, family shoots, etc., when it comes to the PP, how much time do you spend "fixing" the shots? I'm thinking skin softening, blemish fixing, etc. If you do a large shoot with 100+ pictures, do you usually tweek all of them, or just a select few that you feel are the best of the best?

07-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I dont do wedding or classic family portraits, but I know there are good skin retouch plugins for LR that makes the tedious job of retouch minor blemishes and blotchy skin a simple action.
07-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All images from my wedding and family shoots must be processed both from RAW and in PS - I personally don't give clients images just processed in ACR unless they're perfect as is (not all that often).

I go through the framing, levels, colours, contrast and at times lighting effects before I then consider sharpening for all my images. This makes me feel that I get the best results possible (to the level of PP skills I have). It may take me 3-5 minutes on each image to get to this stage.

Skin touches I leave to whether they make a significant improvement to the portrait, but I don't try to alter characteristic wrinkles that make the person who they are, for example. As George said, when there is a particular image a client wants worked on, then there's where the full hog of PP comes in - wrinkles and all, usually meaning half an hour to an hour on that one image.
02-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank goodness I found this thread... i hope more people post here too...