Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Resized image upload problem. Now with test uploads!

i think i may have a problem with the quailty/sharpness of my resized uploads.
I have been resizing my images in lightroom 2.7 to 1200x800 to ease the bandwidth when uploading to photobucket, flickr and my blog. N
Now in photobucket its set to resize them to 15inch monitor display.
Any how all my images look fine to me weather it be original, on this forum via photobucket, flickr and my blog. Im using a 15.5 inch lcd.
Now today i was around at my parents house showing my father some of my photos ive posted on the internet and they just dont look right, they look unsharp and kind of pixelish on his 22inch lcd. And i noticed some photos on this forum posted by other members look to have the same problem, while some pictures from other members on the forum look just as great on his display as they do on mine.
Can anyone share some insight as too how a should do my resizing and uploads?

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 08-02-2010 at 12:00 AM.
08-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photobucket resizes your images when you upload them if you have your settings set to 15" monitor size. So, your 1200x800 becomes 800x600. That could be the problem. Try a different setting in Photobucket then decide if it's your monitor or...your resizing, the pb resizing.
08-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ok thanks photolady, ive had a play with my sizes on the image and in photobucket and have 4 examples tests to post. To see if anyone else can see's difference in the image quality of the 4 (other than the size) they all look fine to me on my display.