Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2007, 02:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Dead pixels!

Hi all!
I have two strange points on my K100D: one green, the other blue. I assume there are "dead pixels". Is there any possibility to "mask" or cover them somehow? I've heard that post processing could be useful on RAW shots. Can Pentax Laboratory do this? Do I need another software?
I try to avoid to send the camera to service because otherwise it works well.
Thanx for any suggestion!
Regards!

08-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have noticed similar dots on my pictures in RAW files. If I use the Pentax Photo Laboratory they "magically" disappear when the file is saved to JPG. If I use the other RAW processing program that I have, UFraw, then the dots stay. But they can easily be cloned out in the Gimp. So I guess I'm saying that not all raw programs process the dots the same. I find myself using PPL more frequently because of it.
08-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #3

You can bring your camera to a Pentax repair depot to get them mapped out. I had it done to my camera before too.
08-24-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanx!

You are right, Fritz, but Laboratory 3 dosn't eliminate dots in all cases. I don't know why Maybe Photoshop Elements or similar are performing better. Thanks!

Thanx Eman, this is the plain issue. I try to avoid that because (1) some reports say other dots appear and (2) I don't want to be without the camera until the end of October.