Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

How to convert Batch of files in Lightroom?

I have recently started shooting in raw so I want to use lightroom 2 to convert large amounts of files from PEF to TIFF and my older pictures which are JPEGs to TIFFs. I know that I can save individual files as different file types but I don't know how to do the same for large amounts of files. Also as a side question, when I look at a preview of a TIFF file looking at the file folder the preview looks very low resolution and missing parts, but once I open the file with a photo editing program it goes away. Why is that? Anyways thanks in advance for all advice.

08-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to the digital processing section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Highlight the ones you want to process in the develop module and then use the export function.
There is a very good help file supplied with Lightroom.
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

what's the point in converting everything into tiff? Especially jpeg files.

08-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You want to export, not convert. Convert implies removing the originals. Because Lightroom is a non-destructuve editor it will always leave the originals untouched and export the desired format.

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
To prevent further image degradation during future PP?
08-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
File stability. I have several CDs of unreadable jpegs mixed with readable tiffs.
08-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Okay thanks for the help guys.