Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Portrait Professional

I've been looking at this software for a while.

It's been on sale for $79.95 for a while.

Today, I took a look at their site and it was only $49.95 "For a Limited time"

If you've been considering this software, that seems to be a pretty fair price fo it.

Buy Portrait Professional

08-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Is that the one where you map out the facial features and then let the software have at it?
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Is that the one where you map out the facial features and then let the software have at it?
Yes sir, that would be the one.
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I looked hard at that one. The price is certainly an attraction, especially with the price drop and it does work very well indeed..
I chose to go with the Portraiture plug-in from Imagenomic, though it did cost significantly more.
My reasoning was the ability to batch process, which i didn't think Portrait Professional would be capable of given the way it needs to be shown where facial features are on an image by image basis.

I don't think you can go wrong with Portrait Professional from a results POV, as long as it fan be fit into your workflow.

08-03-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I looked hard at that one. The price is certainly an attraction, especially with the price drop and it does work very well indeed..
I chose to go with the Portraiture plug-in from Imagenomic, though it did cost significantly more.
My reasoning was the ability to batch process, which i didn't think Portrait Professional would be capable of given the way it needs to be shown where facial features are on an image by image basis.

I don't think you can go wrong with Portrait Professional from a results POV, as long as it fan be fit into your workflow.
Right now, it fits into my workflow. I do some light touch up in CS3 on most of the work I do. I wanted the Portrait Professional for the photos I get that stand out from the rest and the enhancement will make them even better.

As/if/when my business picks up, and I have a lot more to process, I'll look at software such as you have. right now I have the time, the cost was right and the results are realy good for the investment.

Ed