Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #46
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
they must not run the ‘hi, im a mac.’ commercials in europe? apple absolutely plays the mentality up, to sell their products. it may mostly be a ‘fanboy’ thing, but apple is using it to their advantage.
Well that's just the world of marketing for you.
So Apple toys with PC users' minds - which successful marketing ploy doesn't do this to an extent?
With what Apple are up against in the world of computers, then sure, an element of psychological manipulation comes into play, but no doubt it's worked - mission accomplished for the marketing department.

In the end, are customers satisfied? Is Apple living up to their expectations? I'd reckon so. They aren't producing the ultimate in screens, customisability in hardware components, and such techno stuff that many of us don't care too much for, but their end products do the job and do it reasonably well.

08-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I have a 17" HP and will never buy an HP again. Worst laptop I've ever had.
1. Is it EliteBook?
2. How many laptops you have had?

While I agree that HP aren't the best of the bunch in general, IPS screens of EliteBooks should not be ignored.
08-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Well that's just the world of marketing for you.
So Apple toys with PC users' minds - which successful marketing ploy doesn't do this to an extent?
With what Apple are up against in the world of computers, then sure, an element of psychological manipulation comes into play, but no doubt it's worked - mission accomplished for the marketing department.
The biggest difference between Apple and others is that Apple is heavily investing into their image and design of their products (often they even sacrifice functionality). And it works.
08-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #49
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
1. Is it EliteBook?
2. How many laptops you have had?

While I agree that HP aren't the best of the bunch in general, IPS screens of EliteBooks should not be ignored.
I'm not sure which model it is. I wound up giving it to the wife and I haven't seen it in a while.

I've had 7 dells. And my next one will be a dell. I don't need the high end screens. My final retouches are always done on a desktop. And all color correction is on a calibrated CRT. Even the room lights are color correct. And expensive.

08-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I'm not sure which model it is. I wound up giving it to the wife and I haven't seen it in a while.
So, it wasn't EliteBook, right?

I've had 7 dells. And my next one will be a dell. I don't need the high end screens. My final retouches are always done on a desktop. And all color correction is on a calibrated CRT. Even the room lights are color correct. And expensive.
Good for you. However you should not forget, that here we are suggesting laptops not for you, but for a guy who is going to do his retouching on a laptop. And in this case he needs high end screen on a laptop.
08-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
The biggest difference between Apple and others is that Apple is heavily investing into their image and design of their products (often they even sacrifice functionality). And it works.
I have seen no such sacrifice in functionality.
Fast and efficient in all my high-end graphics work, the sleek designs are just icing on the cake...
They still do the job.
08-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #52
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
I have seen no such sacrifice in functionality.
Fast and efficient in all my high-end graphics work, the sleek designs are just icing on the cake...
They still do the job.
I have no complaints about my macbook pro and its ‘sub-par’ screen. also, just as a side note, if you take a look at all of HP’s current notebook offerings, its very clear that their design inspirations are taken directly from the current style of macbook pro. they look very nice.

08-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregs Quote
How come this question about OSs has brought so much anger from allthose anti-apple, microsoft loving, self-appointed experts?
Is there anything good you can say about Macintosh? (After all it was the first and is still now one of the top brands in computing these days.)
I think that you people who relentlessly bash Apple should look deep down and ask "What the hell is wrong with me?"
Adam and hangu, you should really lighten up a bit. There are billions of guys out there - you aren't the only ones with small dick ;-)
That's funny, I don't recall ever taking sides in this argument. I simply don't suffer fools.
08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The only thing I have to use a PC for is the restaurant POS system I support, a vertical market. I have never come across any other piece of software that I couldn't find a Mac equivalent for, I'm not a big gamer.
Yeah I guess architects can also be lumped with gamers. It's not like anything they do is serious.

Oh, wait a second...
08-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #55
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, since the OP made his decision 36 posts back, and this has degenerated considerably since then...................
Closed Thread