Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Nope! cant find a way to just delete ONE adjustment from batch. I could "replace" for example "Levels" with an re adjusted "Levels", but i cant "uncheck" a brick from batch.....

Last edited by the swede; 08-24-2010 at 05:33 AM.
08-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
So after a few weeks with Aperture im pretty happy. Workflow is faster (really fast as im only an hobbyist, and dont process large amounts of pictures)

There is only one litle point that i dont like.
Most of my fotographic interest goes into posting pictures on forums, and coming from Elements i am used to the rezise -> sharpen -> save process.

This cant be done in Aperture. One has to Export into jpg and size, then re-import and sharpen and then Export again.

The other way is to duplicate the version and use "edge sharpening" set a litle higher and then Export to jpg and size.

So... Is there any Export sharpening presets or plugins to Aperture? It feels a litle over top for me to buy a sharpening software (Nik's for example) just to post pictures on forums.

Any ideas?
08-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Why do you need to sharpen AFTER you've exported to JPG? I never do....

Simply do everything you need to do to the photo in Aperture, then "Export version" as a JPG. I use high quality JPG.

To post to Flickr, I use the Flickr Uploadr (don't use the Aperture built-in Flickr thing - that will sync both ways, so that if you delete a photo from Flickr, you'll suddenly find it gone from your Aperture library as well). I simply drag the JPGs onto the Flickr Uploadr. Works perfectly.

Posting to forums like this one is easy - I use the code from the Flickr picture which then simply "points" to the Flickr picture.

I think you maybe haven't been exporting the VERSION, which has had all the work done including sharpening. Once you've done that, the Flickr Uploadr automatically does the resizing etc as needed.

Hope that makes sense....
08-30-2010, 04:25 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
Why do you need to sharpen AFTER you've exported to JPG? I never do....

Simply do everything you need to do to the photo in Aperture, then "Export version" as a JPG. I use high quality JPG.

Hope that makes sense....
Yep....makes sence Guess my mind is still left en PS Elements....

I can copy the version, maken an subtle "edge sharpen" adjustment and export it to fit within 1024. Will try that against one without Edge Sharpen, to see if it looks ok.

Dont use Flickr, but thanks anyways