Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

Another Pentax DC Utility 4 Problem

My problem is kind of simple for most of you, I bet I have taken a ton of pictures were I turn the camera to the side and then when I put them on my computer I turned all of them with windows photo gallery when I was viewing them.

Well, now Pentax DC Utility won't let me do anything to the pictures.........??? What is going on and is there a way to fix this problem?

08-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First have you updated PDCU to version 4.21? The version 4.21 is more stable although not perfect than version 4.11.

Second I advise to transfer first your files to your computer with the card or the cable. Then open PDCU to look at the files in your computer.

If you have a lot of photos in the same directory, PDCU may run out of memory. I would suggest that you put a limited number of shots in a given directory (eg 100 shots) and open the files in that directory with PDCU.

Note that PDCU will only PP Pentax proprietary photos. Make sure that you do not modify any original shots before opening PDCU.

Hope that the comments will assist...
08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
I guess, by turning them 90 degrees with the Microsoft Photo Gallery, it counts that as a program. So it is no longer an original. Dang that stinks!!! They are pictures of my Europe trip to the alps and I hate corel PSP, which is the only other program I have..........
08-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chrissw22 Quote
I guess, by turning them 90 degrees with the Microsoft Photo Gallery, it counts that as a program. So it is no longer an original. Dang that stinks!!! They are pictures of my Europe trip to the alps and I hate corel PSP, which is the only other program I have..........
Try FastStone Image Viewer, Screen Capture, Photo Resizer ....

It's free.