Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lightroom & deleting files

I sometimes have an issue where I flag a bunch of photos to be rejected, and when I go to "Delete Rejected Photos", I sometimes get one of two of them that are stubborn and don't delete unless I try a couple of times. Anyone else get this, and anyone know why / how to fix it? I've got everything on an external USB drive.

09-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only thing I can think if is that the disk might have been written do when you put in the request. Also, if the files won't delete at all, then that means that there's a filesystem corruption and checkdisk will need to be run. However, I can't see any reason, apart from a software issue in lightroom itself, that would prevent you from deleting the files in one sweep. Hope this helps a little bit, even though it's probably not the answer you're looking for!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
mel
Veteran Member

Hmmm. I work differently than you do but when I've done a batch delete they've all always gone away for me in the first try. But like I said, I don't do it that way so maybe there's a glitch with the flagging thing?
09-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Hmmm. I work differently than you do but when I've done a batch delete they've all always gone away for me in the first try. But like I said, I don't do it that way so maybe there's a glitch with the flagging thing?
I've had the problem with LR2 and LR3 on different computers. I just assumed it was a LR bug, but seeing as it only seems to be for me, maybe it's just an issue to do with using the external drive. Sometimes it with multiple files, or single files. No rhyme or reason. Sometimes fine, other times a pain.

09-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
mel
Veteran Member

I often use an external drive but when I delete batches I'm in the library setting and control-click to highlight multiple ones then delete them. But usually I just kill them as I go.