Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How to get camera standard profile into Lightroom?

In LR 3.2, inside the camera calibration panel, when I click on profile, I see only "Adobe Standard." I am under the impression that I am supposed to also see "camera standard" which should be an approximation of my K-x jpg output. I have downloaded and installed a fresh version of camera profiles.exe file from the Adobe website, but still no luck. The only thing that resides in my camera profiles folder is one 97kb file called index.dat

Any ideas?

09-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I ran into something like this where the other profiles were showing on my laptop but not my desktop. Here's a link to the old thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/8751...howing-up.html
09-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ya, I saw that, which is where I got the idea to extract the camera profiles.exe file from the PSE 8.0 update. But in my case, it did not work and I don't know where all these downloaded profiles reside.
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lectrolink Quote
Ya, I saw that, which is where I got the idea to extract the camera profiles.exe file from the PSE 8.0 update. But in my case, it did not work and I don't know where all these downloaded profiles reside.

you can extract Pentax profile from in camera DNG yourself, or download from here :

deejjjaaaa: DNG (.dcp) profiles (OEM, invariant & untwisted) : Pentax K-x & Pansonic Lumix DMC-LX3

then put it where it belongs, for example (Win 7) to : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Pentax K-x