Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Elements 8 Organizer problems

My wife just recently bought a Kodak PlaySport Video camera. I decided to upgrade my program to Photoshop Elements 8 & Premiere Elements 8 to add in the video editting functions. When I open the Organizer (shared between the two programs) and try to do anything, it almost immediately crashes and sends Adobe a crash report. I can get it to function by openning the editor first and then going to the organizer. Even this way it only functions for a short time and then it crashes again. I've tried everything I can think of including removing it and reinstalling it, reinstalling it in an external hard drive, turning off almost all of my start up programs, and other changes all without improving the situation.
Has this happened to anyone here? Any suggestions? I'm guessing I overlooked something simple but I can't figure it out.
Thanks
Brian

09-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Might be helpful to ask the same question at Elements Village. Lots of info about Elements products.
Mike
09-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I've already read through the available info there and followed the suggested fixes with no real improvement. I figured I'd try here since this list is always so helpful and maybe get a different approach. I'm going away on a vacation for two weeks starting Saturday and if I can't get anywhere before then, I'll concentrate my efforts through the elements village forum.
Thanks,
Brian
09-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Just a thought: where is the file containing the default catalog? If it is on an external harddrive, try setting it up on an internal drive.

There is no guarantee, but it's worth a try.

09-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I believe I found the answer. A lot of good troubleshooting suggestions are available at this site: Photoshop Elements 6/7/8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The very first suggestion about repairing the catalog seems to have straightened out my situation (so far anyway).
If you're having problems with elements, I'd recommend checking this guy's suggestions.
Brian