Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Other news from Photokina 2010: Spydercheckr Pro Camera Color Calibration tool

I just ran across an interesting tool for anyone trying to master creating both color corrected shots in your workflow but also camera calibration presets for Lightroom and I assume other apps as well.

It's sort of nothing really new but it's looks to be a good easy to use collection of what were previously individual parts. It's the Spydercheckr Pro which is actually a kit of tools not a single product, which I mistook it to mean from the name.

I haven't found a pressing need to do any elaborate color correcting for my stuff as it only is used for the web where, as we all know, few of today's LCD displays are setup to display colors correctly. Heck, different browsers can render colors differently at times. But for the inner OCD perfectionist in my I am oddly drawn to blow $160 on the kit just because it's got that shiny gadgety look and feel to it...and I loves my gadgets!!

Here is a link to the details on the Datacolor website:
SpyderCheckr Pro - Datacolor - Global Leader in Color Management Solutions

Youtube video:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV7k5_f3eM8[/YT]

looks pretty fun....

09-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
funny it looks alot like the colour checker passport from pantone. and the one from pantone is 99 from prodigital on e-bay
09-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I KNEW I had seen it somewhere before...you are right it's almost the same device but with the added, ahem, "feature" if the focus calibration part of the thing.

No matter I feel they are both over priced. I could see $35 for the basic model like the Pantone wallet thingy and maybe $50 for the Spyderchecker.

THANKS for pointing it out!!
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
n/p i've been eying the colour checker passport but i can't drop 100 on something that has a few colours on it, also it dosen't function in aperture (photo editor) as it does in lightroom. i'll wait until it does then i'll think about getting one.