Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #1

Batch Process for Scanned Photos

I have embarked in scanning more than 2000+ color negatives. These negatives were generally in good shape; however, the pictures were mostly take in the 1980's. I am using a WIN XP Pro PC. The scanner does not provide any sort of touch-up software...merely the Window driver to scan the negatives. These photos have been scanned at the highest resolution permitted by the driver.

Many of the photos have some pixels missing {i.e. a "white" spec on the photo when I view it in full screen mode. These specs are randomly located and do not appear to be releated to the scan process. For the most part its only a pixel here or there that is missing {i.e. for some reason its very noticable in the sky of the photos & the missing pixels varying from a few to a max of 25-30 per photo}

So my question is there software available (i.e. I use only the pentax digital software that came with my k-20) that can correct these 2,000+ photos in a "batch" mode processing? I would hate to think that I have to open each photo individually to apply the any type of photo correction software.

Please any and all advice is welcome. Thank you for your time.

09-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Bibble system is able to be run in batch mode. They also offer a full capable trial.