Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Unrelated: I like Picasa for previewing my pics because it has one-click delete with a no-nag setting that you can activate for quick deleting. I take a lot of bad pics and I don't like to waste any time deleting them.

Resizing pics is in the export dialog.

12-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
Well I thought even a simple crop would cause data to be stripped. I think anytime you "save" an image with Picasa only the very basic exif is retained.
Nope, I have not seen that. I only lose exif if I get lazy and use an auto-correct button. The latest version of Picasa shows the shooting data in a side bar. Nice feature. I don't know what to tell you, I do not lose exif when I save in Picasa.
12-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.3 Price?

I'm trying to find out how much it costs and if it's worth it. Any one using it and what do you thing?

I found the price.. @ $300. I'm new to this, so not sure if I want to drop $300 yet. I use some of the free ones for now.

Last edited by glee46; 12-07-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Found the price
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Apologies for reviving a dead thread but I was wondering if any Picasa users could tell me how to set it to retain full exif data?
I have been using Picasa for about two years and find it very easy to use for the number of tools it has. But I have never been able to find how to set it so it allows full data to be saved. Even if you use the program to slightly crop an image, once you save the file it strips about 2/3 of the exif away, retaining only the very basic property information. Can anyone tell me where to look for a "retain full exif data" setting in the menus?
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Nope, I have not seen that. I only lose exif if I get lazy and use an auto-correct button. The latest version of Picasa shows the shooting data in a side bar. Nice feature. I don't know what to tell you, I do not lose exif when I save in Picasa.
I am basing my viewing on what is recorded to online services like Flickr. If I so much as make a tiny crop and then save the edit, a great majority of the exif will not be included with the uploaded image.
With Picasa, I can upload an unedited image to Flickr and about 130 lines of information is listed. Software will be listed as - "K10D version 1.0". If I make any edit at all and save the image and upload to Flickr, only something like 30 lines of properties are listed and Picasa 3.0 claims software.
Is there anyway around Picasa disgarding the full exif reporting?

12-09-2010, 02:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I am basing my viewing on what is recorded to online services like Flickr. If I so much as make a tiny crop and then save the edit, a great majority of the exif will not be included with the uploaded image.
With Picasa, I can upload an unedited image to Flickr and about 130 lines of information is listed. Software will be listed as - "K10D version 1.0". If I make any edit at all and save the image and upload to Flickr, only something like 30 lines of properties are listed and Picasa 3.0 claims software.
Is there anyway around Picasa disgarding the full exif reporting?
I've been using IrfanView forever.
1. It's always been free.
2. While not the best by any means, it's fast.
3. It has loss less crop, & rotation of Jpegs.
4. It saves all of the exif to the best of my knowledge.

You might want to check it out for those two reason alone.