Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adobe Lens Profile Downloader (Get 43ltd & Other Profiles)

Just ran across the newish Adobe Lens Profile Downloader:

Adobe Labs - Downloads: Adobe Lens Profile Creator

It's an Adobe Air app and installs in Win7 x64 fine...but the fun news is there are some Pentax+lense camera profiles. Oh, once installed there might be an update of some sort that wants to install. I did not notice if it was for Adobe Air or the Downloader app...but, eh, just let it do it's stuff...you do need to close the Downloader app to let the update install which seemed unclear from the on screen directions....but who reads directions, right?

K20D/43ltd
K20D/100WR
K7/43ltd
and a K7 with a few other lenses...

Once you install the downloader you just select Pentax as the brand and the list populates. Don't know how good or bad they are but it's another source of profiles.

And of course on the same page is the Profile Creator download but everyone knows it's there anyway.

10-26-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice! We've also got lots of profiles over in the articles section to supplement those!
10-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That downloader tool works in mysterious ways.

What site do the profiles within it get downloaded from?
Who does the ratings against each profile?
And how do you actually upload profiles so that they show up in it?
10-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Nice! We've also got lots of profiles over in the articles section to supplement those!
exactly...I hunted for the posts about that but did not think to look in the articles section. I figured there would be a sticky in the lense or software sections...I need to spend more time reading some of the good info over in that section.

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Have no clue and not sure I want too because if I knew I might never try them out! hahahaha...

10-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Forum Member

I notice that one of the profiles in their database is one I posted here for the DA*16-50. It is rated a "5" but I have no idea who rated it.
10-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #6

It looks like everybody can rate the profiles within the downloader tool itself. It's also possible to post comments to the profiles.

Uploading is quite simple, too: Just send an e-mail with your profile attached to lcpfiles@adobe.com with the following text: "By sending this e-mail containing the attached lens profile data to Adobe, you grant Adobe a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and fully paid license to use, modify, reproduce, publicly perform and display, and distribute such lens profile data in products and services created by or on behalf of Adobe." or use the "Send Profiles to Adobe" command from Adobe Lens Profile Creator.