Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Silkypix no longer sold under Shortcutinc.com

Just went to Silkypix website. A friend is thinking to get this software and ask me to check it out.

Found out that the website says "All sales and support activities of under SILKYPIX products will be returned to the ICHIKAWA Soft Laboratory ( ISL ) Japan. All responsibilities will be restarted by ISL Japan from 1st Nov 2010."

So I went to the japanese website and I think the software is now getting more expensive? Silkypix Developer Studio 4 is now 16,000 yen which is roughly USD197....certainly more expensive than the previous USD149 as sold under shortcutinc.com.

Looks like I have to tell my friend to look at other software

11-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or tell your friend to get a Pentax since the bundled Pentax software uses the Silkypix image processor!
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Too late He is a Panasonic LX-3 user who bought the cam 6 mths ago.
12-07-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

silkypix

then your friend already has (probably a cut down version of) silkypix ?
http://www.*************/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/page15.asp

depending where he bought his camera he might be able to upgrade it ?
Upgrade Silkypix SE
but be quick - the Uk distributor is closing down at the end of 2010 and support reverts back to ISL in japan
SILKYPIX Developer Studio -- For beautiful photos.

also the main ISL site says "Customers who already own some of our company's merchandise may request a special price. Please enter the serial number of the merchandise you own. "
Error
see the special campaign price box at top left

[Edit : the above link doesn't seem to stay live and now shows "error", instead go to http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX_NEWSITE/english/index.html, and click on "shop" and you'll get to the same place]

Note dpreview at the LX3 review says "SilkyPix isn't the best tool for processing large numbers of files in a single sitting (though there is a batch conversion tool if you want identical setting for multiple images) ...."

dpreview are wrong - Silkypix DSPro CAN do batch conversion of multiple files with completeley different development settings for different file, I've done it myself. I don't have time to check if DS4 can do this but I would expect it to. - althought it might be true of the SE version which if memory serves me well is often what is bundled.

Last edited by bladerunneruk; 12-07-2010 at 04:25 AM. Reason: see [edit....]
12-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I'd suggest other avenues rather than Silkypix for his LX3.

Jason