Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #1

[langtitle=es]Orden de los cambios[/langtitle]

Buenos dias amigos ,

tengo una duda des de hace tiempo , se refiere al orden en que hay que aplicar los cambios cuando procesamos una foto .

Quiero decir ....

Si por ejemplo aplicamos :

NIVEL DE BLANCOS - CONTRASTE - PERFILADO - CONTRALUZ - etc .. etc ..

el orden de los factores no altera el producto ? o si ?

Saludos !!

11-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
white balance is good point to start with. Then exposure fix, if necassary. Then if I like the picture, I keep it that way. If I like it a lot, then I continue playing with contrast,CA correction and other details.
11-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Exposure first, then white balance.

If you adjust white balance first, and your picture is under / over exposed, what you see may not be what you get once you adjust the exposure.

Sometimes under / over exposure can look like(for example) there's a slight magenta cast to the blacks, but when you adjust the exposure, it may just be that the white balance is too cool and needs to be moved towards the warm a tiny bit.
11-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First, I don't think processing an image is an exercise in scientific methodology. There a lot of art. A good software package should ensure lots of flexibility to ensure a personal approach to getting great results.

I use Lightroom and it is generally setup in a logical order, top-to-bottom, of process steps. One error made by Adobe is having the Camera Calibration profile choices sit later: I think the camera profile should be closer to the initial decision.

Unfortunately Pentax RAW files only have a couple of profiles to choose from, whereas Canon, for example, has several. Each profile choice impacts color, white balance, and associated exposure rendering.

The content of an image rules to me, so I start with the crop and ensure that it's straight. Sometimes I'll make manual lens corrections if my lens is not listed.

Then I favor white balance determination. In mixed indoor lighting (especially where flash is prohibited) WB is sometimes corrected by saturation or vibrance tweaks, especially for skin tones. Exposure and highlight management comes next. I ignore the Blacks, Brightness (usually), and Contrast sliders in favor of curves. Sometimes I'll resort to gentle doses of Fill Light. This adds noise, but I take care of that later.

Spot/local adjustments next happen and this can take the most time. Skin retouching with negative clarity and healing; GND filters, some dodging and burning etc.

I'll add sharpening and noise reduction in a back-and-forth approach. LR sharpening is very sophisticated (moreso than Photoshop) and has some inherent anti-halo capabilities if you begin pushing things too far in detail. I balance that out with contrast and color detail in the NR sliders. I'll also add Clarity if needed, or negative Clarity for an artistic effect.

Then comes lens corrections which I find super handy. As with camera calibration, there are many more Canon (and Nikon) lens correction choices available. Finally vignetting effects and CA if necessary.

Then I'll create a preset if I have a lot of similar images to process.

M

11-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #5

Original Poster
Gracias por los consejos !!